The heart of Happily Made is to create home based work for marginalised women. It’s a slow approach, with many micro steps forward (and a few steps back) which is creating a small but genuine change for the woman involved as well as her family.
However, sometimes a need arises that warrants a quick fix.
It’s been absolutely heart warming to have such a generous response each time I’ve called out for help in the Happily Made village.
Together we have:
- Bought a sewing machine
- Provided eye check ups and glasses for all the weavers
- Paid for an electric wheelchair
- Fixed a roof, flooring and added safety windows to a home
- Paid off a suffocating medical and funeral debt
- Covered school expenses for a boy wanting to become an engineer
- Provided a family with a cement floor instead of living on dirt
- Given the weavers the opportunity to visit Angkor Wat for their first time
Oh just writing these down makes me so happy and of course there are many many more things but these came to mind first.
With your help I will be able to have a Ït takes a Happily Made village” fund slowly growing so that next time there is a need we’re not starting from scratch and there is already a bit of money to use.
THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS IS THAT 100% OF WHAT YOU GIVE WILL BE PASSED ON TO THE WOMEN. THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FEES OR DEDUCTIONS OR ANYTHING ELSE REMOVED FROM YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
Unfortunately I can’t give you a tax receipt.
If you would like to give a bigger amount that isn’t an option on here you can transfer to:
Subject: It takes a Happily Made village
Thank you in advance for your support…every dollar makes a difference!